Question Case fans fail to start unless they get a boost from me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2022
I've had this problem for a while now, but my back air flow fan does not start spinning when I turn my pc on
It only starts turning after a couple of minutes and I flick it to give it a boost
If I flick it right after the pc turns on, nothing happens
Any help? This pc is pretty new <6 months

I've had this problem for a while now, but my back air flow fan does not start spinning when I turn my pc on
It only starts turning after a couple of minutes and I flick it to give it a boost
If I flick it right after the pc turns on, nothing happens
Any help? This pc is pretty new <6 months
Check settings in BIOS for particular fan speed curve, it may be set to start at too low RPM or voltage, Most fans have minimum starting voltage and minimum starting speed,
There should also be a BIOS setting to choose from Voltage control for 3 pin fans and PWM control for 4 pin fans.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
ALSO look closely at WHERE that fan is plugged in. The NORMAL way for a mobo header to deal with any fan is to start it up at full speed. After a few seconds the fan then will slow down to the reduced speed required for a cool system. So, watch that fan closely as soon as the system boots. IF it never starts up fast and then slows down, it may be fed power from some other location than a mobo header. That would affect what corrective actions you will need.

Status
Not open for further replies.