Dec 30, 2023
This is my first build and I have spent a lot of time researching everything bar the case fans. How many would be optimal? Which are the best for this CPU and gpu combination?

It will be in a corsair 5000d, which already contains 3 120mm fans. The CPU will be cooled with a Noctua NH-D15. I also need an idea of the best mounting configuration for the case fans. Unsure if I will mount the gpu vertically at this stage.

This is my first build and I have spent a lot of time researching everything bar the case fans. How many would be optimal? Which are the best for this CPU and gpu combination?

It will be in a corsair 5000d, which already contains 3 120mm fans. The CPU will be cooled with a Noctua NH-D15. I also need an idea of the best mounting configuration for the case fans. Unsure if I will mount the gpu vertically at this stage.
All 3 fans mounted in front as intake ? You would need at least one more mounted in back in line with CPU cooler and eventually one more at top back also as exhaust. Alternatively, 2 at front and one at back.
Vertical GPU mounting generally produces restriction to air intake on the GPU (because of closeness to side panel) so in case you decide to keep just 3 fans, place one front one at bottom space.

Dec 30, 2023
All 3 fans mounted in front as intake ? You would need at least one more mounted in back in line with CPU cooler and eventually one more at top back also as exhaust. Alternatively, 2 at front and one at back.
Vertical GPU mounting generally produces restriction to air intake on the GPU (because of closeness to side panel) so in case you decide to keep just 3 fans, place one front one at bottom space.
Yes 3 are on the front on the 5000d.
Thanks for the input. Do you have any fans that you would suggest?

When you say I need one at the back plus the exhaust fan, do you mean an exhaust near the back then the exhaust at the top of the back like this

Last edited:
Yes 3 are on the front on the 5000d.
Thanks for the input. Do you have any fans that you would suggest?
Corsair fans are just fine. I would get new ones same as those that already come with the case for simpler control of fans and their lights. You may need to get hub for fans and their appropriate type of lights (RGB or ARGB) if there's bot enough headers for them on the MB: