Case fans in first or last?

mlwilliamson

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Which one makes more sense/is better practice?
My first build is coming up, and my fans came in today, so I'm itching to put them in.
Any advice?

Solution
really depends on the case and how much space/easy it is to get to the fan mount areas. Generally though for big cases you can put them in whenever you want.

For smaller cases you may need to put them in first as all your components will block access to the fan mounts once your computer is completely installed.
really depends on the case and how much space/easy it is to get to the fan mount areas. Generally though for big cases you can put them in whenever you want.

For smaller cases you may need to put them in first as all your components will block access to the fan mounts once your computer is completely installed.

Solution

Sedivy

Estimable

This. I also recommend putting in first as it's hard to futz with it once the motherboard is in. But your case design will really dictate the order you put stuff in. First time you'll make mistakes no matter what, so don't beat yourself up if you have to backtrack.

mlwilliamson

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

I have the Cougar Panzer mid, and yes, I went crazy with the amount of fans I'll be putting in ;)