Jul 30, 2020
I've finally decided to fix my case's airflow but unsure how to proceed with it. Going for a very budget fan setup with Arctic F12s. My question is if there is any advantage to using the P12 which is optimized for static pressure or just sticking with the plain old airflow optimized. I checked the manufacturer's website to compare them and it turns out that the P12 not only has more static pressure but also a bigger airflow compared to the F12 (P12 = 56CFM vs F12 = 53CFM).
I'm thinking for a 5 fan setup with 1 back and 2 top for exhaust and 2 front for intake.

If anyone has an opinion on the F12 vs P12 or any other fan of similar price I'd love to hear it or any advice for a better fan setup locations (fans have to be 120mm)
My case is Zalman S2 and here's the setup I was imagining:
ZX4tU9b.png

Solution
Your airflow design looks good. Generally you want air coming in at the front and bottom, and going out at the top and back of the case.

I bought a 5-pack of the Antec F12s recently, as they were a cheap deal on Amazon. They're absolutely fine in terms of flow and low noise level. I don't know much about the added benefits the P12s would give you over the F12s, but is sounds negligible.

Choice depends on your build and price; if it is a high end system and you want to eek out every bit of cooling, then the P12s might be worth it. Or if you get a deal and get them for a similar price to the F12s, then why not? My experience of the F12s is that they are fine for most situations.

If you have a high-end machine then internal case...
Aug 1, 2020
Your airflow design looks good. Generally you want air coming in at the front and bottom, and going out at the top and back of the case.

I bought a 5-pack of the Antec F12s recently, as they were a cheap deal on Amazon. They're absolutely fine in terms of flow and low noise level. I don't know much about the added benefits the P12s would give you over the F12s, but is sounds negligible.

Choice depends on your build and price; if it is a high end system and you want to eek out every bit of cooling, then the P12s might be worth it. Or if you get a deal and get them for a similar price to the F12s, then why not? My experience of the F12s is that they are fine for most situations.

If you have a high-end machine then internal case pressure might be a consideration. Usually, roughly balanced pressure is fine. Negative pressure (more fans pumping air out than pumping in) is considered by many to give slightly better cooling performance. Positive pressure helps prevent dust being drawn in to your case. I only use my system for work and some light gaming, so have gone with slightly positive pressure.

Solution
Jul 30, 2020
Thank you for the fast response. Where I live the F12s and the P12s are the exact same price so after reading your comment I think I'm going to go for the P12s. Again thanks for sharing this knowledge.