Question Case fans stay on after shutdown/without turning on PC, PC won’t POST

johnsoner13

Great
Nov 24, 2019
So I just received a new motherboard and cpu to upgrade my current rig as I've been getting a cpu bottleneck in some games. However, after installing everything and replacing the cpu and motherboard, when I plugged in the power cable the case fans started to spin and an LED on the motherboard lit up. I didnt turn on the PC, only plugged in the power cable.

Also, it doesn't usually give my monitor a signal, but sometimes it does and I can get into bios, and i can see it detects my cpu properly, but when I try to get past the bios i lose the signal, and then after rebooting I can't even get into the bios again.

I switched back to my old motherboard and cpu and everything worked fine, so I'm just assuming something's wrong with my motherboard? I've checked for bent pins on my cpu, but it looks fine overall. I'm pretty new to PC building and I'm hoping I didn't mess anything up really and the motherboard was just DOA or maybe i need to bios flash or something

Current working rig- i5 6500 | GTX 1060 6GB | MSI Z170A Krait Gaming 3x motherboard
Not working rig- Ryzen 5 2600 | GTX 1060 6GB | MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts