Case fans vs PWM Case fans

ninboi

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I'm planning on buying case fans for my Corsair 350D and I am still pondering if the investment on Corsair PWM fans are worth it? What are the advantages of PWM fans? Thanks!

Solution
The advantages of a PWM fan is that you can actually control their speeds. This allows you to configure different speeds for modes eg. Silent, standard, and/or turbo mode. I personally think Corsair PWM fans are definitely worth it, as I have a liquid cooling loop and sometimes I don't need as much cooling, and I live in an apartment, so I try to keep the noise low, but other times eg. OC'ing and benchmarking/gaming I need them to cool better, so I raise my fan speeds. It all depends on how controllable of a fan you want.

Nuclear101

Honorable
The advantages of a PWM fan is that you can actually control their speeds. This allows you to configure different speeds for modes eg. Silent, standard, and/or turbo mode. I personally think Corsair PWM fans are definitely worth it, as I have a liquid cooling loop and sometimes I don't need as much cooling, and I live in an apartment, so I try to keep the noise low, but other times eg. OC'ing and benchmarking/gaming I need them to cool better, so I raise my fan speeds. It all depends on how controllable of a fan you want.

Solution