Question Case Fans

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Doesn't really exist, but you might be able to get by with one of these if you can find them: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/qgsmP6,zFVD4D/

Cheap RGB/ARGB fans suck(performance).
The LED version of a specific fan will always be weaker: they increase power consumption, and the manufacturers want to keep power consumption within a certain profile, so performance takes a hit.

Reactions: Ferimer

Ferimer

Distinguished
Doesn't really exist, but you might be able to get by with one of these if you can find them: https://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/qgsmP6,zFVD4D/

Cheap RGB/ARGB fans suck(performance).
The LED version of a specific fan will always be weaker: they increase power consumption, and the manufacturers want to keep power consumption within a certain profile, so performance takes a hit.
That is what i would recommend if you're on a budget. They aren't the most powerful nor the weakest. They have a sort of Lower end Mid range . but the RGB on them is very good.

Ferimer

Distinguished
I've been eyeing these. They seem to have some pretty good specs according to JayzTwoCents. They have a 3-pack and 5-pack but use proprietary connectors that go into their own included hub. The hub has connectors you can use on most motherboards though.

https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Motherboard-Adjustable-Addressable-Remote-3/dp/B07XBSJYFH
so the 3in1 pack comes with one Fan HUB, however if your MOBO has enough Fan headers you dont need the hub. the 5in1 comes with 2 Fan Hubs so again if you have a motherboard that has enough fan headers you wont need it. I myself bought the 5in1 and i have enough Fan headers on my MOBO to support a lot of fans. PLUS my GPU has two PWM fan connectors so i get more control with 2 of my case fans.

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
so the 3in1 pack comes with one Fan HUB, however if your MOBO has enough Fan headers you dont need the hub. the 5in1 comes with 2 Fan Hubs so again if you have a motherboard that has enough fan headers you wont need it. I myself bought the 5in1 and i have enough Fan headers on my MOBO to support a lot of fans. PLUS my GPU has two PWM fan connectors so i get more control with 2 of my case fans.
Can you tell me your experience with the fans? They're not a well-known name by any means, so I'm worried about reliability and performance.

Ferimer

Distinguished
Can you tell me your experience with the fans? They're not a well-known name by any means, so I'm worried about reliability and performance.
I havent had them for that long to give you that kind of assurance. I can tell you that at MAX RPM they do get noisy which is about 1560RPM. AT 1050RPM, i dont hear them much at all. I havent had much of any issues with them in the time i have had them and i have all 5 installed.

nabilur

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019
I havent had them for that long to give you that kind of assurance. I can tell you that at MAX RPM they do get noisy which is about 1560RPM. AT 1050RPM, i dont hear them much at all. I havent had much of any issues with them in the time i have had them and i have all 5 installed.
Has it helped with cooling?

Ferimer

Distinguished
This is really helpful, thanks man!
What youre seeing there is my temps while I am playing a game my GPU is under 100% load and temps dont soar above 55 but I am using an RX580 with 3 fans on it. I have 5 Case fans and a push pull on my CPu Cooler. i dont run my fans on a curve, they are all defaults. and they look great with the RGB too. As for Shelf life and performance life i wont know that much for awhile.