[SOLVED] Case Fans

Dec 25, 2022
I am having issues with the Be Quiet Silent Wings 4 Pro PWM fans.

I have 3 and they are all plugged into separate chassis fan headers on my MB.

When in the BIOS I have selected PWM and I can adjust the fan curve and can hear the fans changing no problem.

Then booting into windows (10 and after upgrading to 11) all is quiet, shortly after the enter password screen comes up they ramp up to 100% and stay that way.
I have tried SpeedFan but it doesn't show the fans at all.

As far as I am aware there is nothing that is controlling these fans within windows but they are always 100%

Currently in the BIOS they are set to 5% irrespective of temp and they are still at 100%.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Solution
What are specs of PC? You don't have any motherboard apps running that might be altering speeds at startup?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

I need to look in my bios to see what one of my fans is set as.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of PC? You don't have any motherboard apps running that might be altering speeds at startup?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

It doesn’t delete anything, it just stops non Microsoft programs running with start. Easy to reverse.

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

I need to look in my bios to see what one of my fans is set as.

Reactions: NPxStefan
Solution