[SOLVED] Case for College Dorm

jlubird

Reputable
Jul 25, 2016
Hey all! I am moving into a dorm next year and would prefer not to have the extra roommate of my corsair 750d. I have been looking at the corsair crystal 570X, but just wanted some extra opinions from people far more educated on the subject. I have a few questions about the case and would like to know if someone had a better recommendation.

Questions about the 570X: How is the case to work in? Is it a pain? How good is the airflow? I'm a bit worried that it won't have enough for an RTX 3070 and an i7 10900k. What extra features come in a $180+ case that aren't present in a cheaper one?

Specifics for different case: I'd prefer it to be as small as possible without limiting airflow, while also accommodating a 360 rad, full size PSU, and a full size motherboard. I don't have a motherboard for the 10900k yet, so I am willing to go smaller if there is a case that needs it, other's are set in stone. Other than that, I'd like it to be visually pleasing and not too loud.

Thanks for your help, I look forward to seeing what everyone suggests! If there is anything I missed feel free to ask, and I will get back to you with more specifics!

Solution
If airflow is your main concern the best options are going to be the Lian Li Lancool 215 or II, Meshify 2, and the Corsair 4000D Airflow. I currently have a Fractal Vision S2, which is pretty good airflow wise, and am waiting for my Meshify 2 to be delivered in February. All three of the cases I suggested use front mesh panels. Having a mesh front panel will make your fans more audible, but you may be able to get away with running your fans at a lower rpm.

I haven't worked with the 570X myself but based on reviews it's easy to work in and has decent airflow. If you like the look of the 570X I'm sure you will be happy with it.

xnikx

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
If airflow is your main concern the best options are going to be the Lian Li Lancool 215 or II, Meshify 2, and the Corsair 4000D Airflow. I currently have a Fractal Vision S2, which is pretty good airflow wise, and am waiting for my Meshify 2 to be delivered in February. All three of the cases I suggested use front mesh panels. Having a mesh front panel will make your fans more audible, but you may be able to get away with running your fans at a lower rpm.

I haven't worked with the 570X myself but based on reviews it's easy to work in and has decent airflow. If you like the look of the 570X I'm sure you will be happy with it.

Reactions: jlubird
Solution