[SOLVED] Case for h115i and gaming 7

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
Hi, I currently have an issue where my aio cooler wont fit on the roof on my case as the Gaming 7 motherboard blocks the radiator. It's currently on the front but I feel like it's not getting enough cool air as the front is split in half diagonally. Which case is best for this? Preferebly cheapest and tempest glass. Thanks

Solution
I mean like fans on both sides of the radiator, both pulling through so say for a 2 fan aio I can put 4 fans, two one side and two on the other. if ytou get what I mean

And will the case fit a 3 fan aio if I want to upgrade to that as i currently has a 2 fan aio
Oh, that double sided fan thing wont be needed.
Just mount the fans on the AIO on the side which is closer to the front panel.
Yes 4000D Airflow will fit a 360mm rad in the front.
Full system specs are needed for this.
Also budget.
Give us some of your prefference's.
People have very different oppinions on a good case.
For example, this is my favourite modern case.
But some people might like the looks of this one better. (i have nothing against those people,just giving examples :) )

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
The aio is a h115i corsair, mobo is Aorus Gaming 7 z370. gpu 2070 super. I'm not fussed about hte look of the case as long as it has a glass panel. And I prefer the cheapest. I don't want to be spending over £60/70 on a case

Regardless of the money, you need a open front panel with atleast 2 top fan's (or space for two).
Just because you have a AIO doesnt mean you dont need a case with good airflow.
You have fans on your radiator which need to get fresh cool air.
Speaking of the 4000D Airflow...
After the case you can buy some nice corsair fans and sync them up with your AIO in iCue, just an idea.

Will that case be able to fit the radiator on top or should it go on the front?
I have a Carbide Series SPEC-04 Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case - Black/Red currently
It will fit it on the front.
The 5000D Airflow will be able to fit it on the top, though, it is more expensive https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en...flow-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811139161?Descript
There is nothing wrong with fitting it to the front, since 4000D Airflow has big cutout that will allow much air to come in.

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
The other case does look a lot more pricey for what is it. Is it possible/worth putting two fans on both sides of the radiator on the front?
edit: Can this case handle 3 fan aio at the front?

Last edited:
The other case does look a lot more pricey for what is it. Is it possible/worth putting two fans on both sides of the radiator on the front?
edit: Can this case handle 3 fan aio at the front?
"Is it possible/worth putting two fans on both sides of the radiator on the front?"
I dont understand your question.
You put your 3 fans on the AIO.
You have 3 of them and you put them on your AIO.
You can put the black front fan that comes with the 4000D on the top.
So you will have 1x rear exhaust fan, 1x top exhaust fan, and 3 fans on the AIO which should be intake.
" Can this case handle 3 fan aio at the front? "
Yes, 4000D Airflow can have 3 fans on the front, but in your case they will be mounted on the AIO, not mounted to the case : )

James Noscoper

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2014
I mean like fans on both sides of the radiator, both pulling through so say for a 2 fan aio I can put 4 fans, two one side and two on the other. if ytou get what I mean

And will the case fit a 3 fan aio if I want to upgrade to that as i currently has a 2 fan aio

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Oh, that double sided fan thing wont be needed.
Just mount the fans on the AIO on the side which is closer to the front panel.
Yes 4000D Airflow will fit a 360mm rad in the front.

Solution