[SOLVED] Case for new budgety system?

justinbower

Prominent
Jan 23, 2019
I put together a budget-oriented system (mATX), and am looking for a case that would accommodate it. My preferences are smaller, cooler, quieter, reasonable cost. I like having USB up top. Don't care about RGB, tend to like "sophisticated"/clean designs more. I like the TG window look, but not necessary.

Here's the system

I looked at cases, but am overwhelmed at the choices. I saw some like the fractal design meshify mini, be quiet pure base 500, lian li 205M (a Microcenter exclusive of the 205), fractal define mini C, etc. A wilder part of me wishes there was a mATX size of the Thermaltake Core P1/P3 series. I even thought about building a DIY case from an old guitar amp, but just don't have the time to devote to that project.

Thoughts on these, others? Advice?

Last edited:
Solution
This one is quite nice for the price. It comes with ARGB ring fans but you should be able to disable the lights on it.

PCPartPicker Part List
Case: Aerocool Aero One Mini Eclipse MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($51.54 @ Amazon)
Total: $51.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-05 10:57 EDT-0400

WildCard999

Titan
This one is quite nice for the price. It comes with ARGB ring fans but you should be able to disable the lights on it.

PCPartPicker Part List
Case: Aerocool Aero One Mini Eclipse MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($51.54 @ Amazon)
Total: $51.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-06-05 10:57 EDT-0400

Reactions: justinbower
Solution

Iniaskle

Commendable
Mar 5, 2019
I put together a budget-oriented system (mATX), and am looking for a case that would accommodate it. My preferences are smaller, cooler, quieter, reasonable cost. I like having USB up top. Don't care about RGB, tend to like "sophisticated"/clean designs more. I like the TG window look, but not necessary.

Here's the system

I looked at cases, but am overwhelmed at the choices. I saw some like the fractal design meshify mini, be quiet pure base 500, lian li 205M (a Microcenter exclusive of the 205), fractal define mini C, etc. A wilder part of me wishes there was a mATX size of the Thermaltake Core P1/P3 series. I even thought about building a DIY case from an old guitar amp, but just don't have the time to devote to that project.

Thoughts on these, others? Advice?
I've heard the Coolermaster Q300L is a good case for micro-atx. It pretty much has all your preferences. It is very small, it is not expensive at all and it has good airflow. Just dont pick the Q300P model, It is supposed to be an upgraded version of the Q300L but has poor airflow.

Reactions: justinbower

TRENDING THREADS