Case for supermicro board.

Solution
You're correct, I looked back at the tabs I was looking through to find this for you and I must have gotten my boards crossed up.

The problem for you is you need a large server case to fit this, of which because its proprietary you are VERY limited. The actual board measurment is 15.2" x 13.2" the problem is even the case I linked in that extra space is the PSU, where the Supermicro case the PSU is elsewhere.

If you don't want to spend that kind of money (obviously) you may need to figure out a different solution using a case like the Phanteks. Companies just don't make aftermarket cases for proprietary server boards, its not worth it.

I unselected my answer in case someone knows any better but I doubt it. You may need to...

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

It was just an example so you can see the EATX size.

This likely if available near you would be a better price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854029&ignorebbr=1&cm_re=e-atx_case-_-11-854-029-_-Product

Jinxi_

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

I don't think the board will fit in that case. This board is huge. Please have a look at the measurements.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

I did, the board is EATX and the case specifies EATX as well. The height measurements of this case are similar to the expensive Supermicro one I linked (the supermicro is just deeper for all the drive cages).

Jinxi_

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

The page says:
Form Factor Proprietary

Where do you read the board is EATX? I looked at wikipedia and the size of this board is much larger than EATX.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
You're correct, I looked back at the tabs I was looking through to find this for you and I must have gotten my boards crossed up.

The problem for you is you need a large server case to fit this, of which because its proprietary you are VERY limited. The actual board measurment is 15.2" x 13.2" the problem is even the case I linked in that extra space is the PSU, where the Supermicro case the PSU is elsewhere.

If you don't want to spend that kind of money (obviously) you may need to figure out a different solution using a case like the Phanteks. Companies just don't make aftermarket cases for proprietary server boards, its not worth it.

I unselected my answer in case someone knows any better but I doubt it. You may need to consider the modifying a case route.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS