Question Case gets hot after playing like 2 hour and a half and games start freezing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
help please whats the problem, when i touched case and the cpu cooler they were both hot, but especially case tho. my case doesnt have any fans at the front, maybe thats the problem and i should buy new case with the fans in the front????

try to remove front cover on your case...if its too old it may be full of dust
eitherway rotate your cpu cooler, fan should be on right side pushing air to the left side where u should aslo place exhaust fan
also try to not have any cable behind your fron (blue led) fan as it will block any airflow (tape them together maybe?)

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
try to remove front cover on your case...if its too old it may be full of dust
eitherway rotate your cpu cooler, fan should be on right side pushing air to the left side where u should aslo place exhaust fan
also try to not have any cable behind your fron (blue led) fan as it will block any airflow (tape them together maybe?)

I think that blue you see if back light from power button, I dont believe its a fan

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
I agree his case is old and not as great as a new case however a new case might not allow connection to front panel and for sure not USB3.0.. so its a trade off I suppose, .. new case and Hope you can connect front panel (maybe only get USB 2.0 and no USB 3.0 ) .. and you can put filters on fan before installing them so that is simple and cheaper than new case.. and putting a couple blocks under tower is also simple and cheaper
i actually can buy that tesseract sw deepcool, i read that it comes with 2 led front fans. i'll just apply the rear fan and apply all of the components from new case and also if theres a 3.0 usb, i will just not use it and use only 2.0.this case is really old and i cant hold it up in the house anymore time to upgrade already, plus it has cable managemant.

Reactions: Gfost73

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
if you look you maybe able to find a case without usb 3.0.. but short of that , loosing 1 USB shouldn't be a huge issue anyway.. Best of luck to you .. I would Still redo the CPU cooler to have it horizontal .. Fan face towards front blowing threw to exhaust at back, new case may help too where the PSU will most likely be at the bottom with its fan sucking air from bottom so it wont be effecting CPU cooler

Truckerlenny

Great
May 20, 2019

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
i think your fine case wise lots of space for fans in that case. couple 80 mm on bottom, 100mm ithink in back. probably another 120mm up front should be no problem. get a fan controller and a few fans. also clean up some dust. put some fan filters in front of fans before installing them that will help alot.
i decided to take this case
Deepcool TESSERACT SW-BK
my current one is just too old, time to upgrade

Reactions: Gfost73

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019

MoronicBat

Reputable
Aug 19, 2019
I feel the same way about my case lol.. mines not "old" but far from the modern ones.. and the modern ones look so clean and pretty with the colored fans and tempered glass.. lol.. I love the looks of this one https://www.newegg.ca/p/N82E16811353145 infact Its on my wishlist and im sure Ill own it ina month or so ..hehe..
good luck for that and thanks for the time that you wasted on me, i really do appreciate it so much, thanks.

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
lol I dont waste time, glad I could help , even though not sure I did, other than maybe mention the USB 3.0.. but either way glad I could help if I did.. enjoy your new case, it will probably feel like a whole new PC for awhile.. hehe

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
That blue light at front panel - isn't that a fan?

Anyway normal air circulation requires at least one frontal intake and one rear exhaust fan.
Also it seems, placement of your pc is sub-optimal. Rear exhaust is obstructed by wall. Hot air inside your pc has no way of escaping.
Plus - cpu cooler should be oriented vertically (not horizontally).

I mean - you could improve air circulation in your case (to some degree) ...
but new modern case with proper air-flow, fan filters, cable management would look so much better.

Meshify-C-Mini_1-1440x1440.jpg

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/meshify/meshify-c-mini-dark-tempered-glass/black/
That's a pretty expensive case you're offering

DanteKid

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
Yes. But also pretty and well built, functional, air filters, excellent air flow - all of what a modern case should have.
That's something I have seen consoles fans do when they try and compare consoles and PCs, they take a 70$ case and include the Windows 10 key which is costs about 80$. That's why I don't like when people pick expensive cases