Case in the 150 pounds category

emperor77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
Hey all,

I am building a new pc and I can't decide what case to buy?I am not gonna use it for water cooling, but want good cooling,dust filters and enough room for 1-2 large graphic cards. i have a few cases in mind but each one of them as a flaw or issue in some or other area!!

Haf932 It is ugly and has no dust filters,i had an antec 900 and after a few weeks it had so much dust in it,you could almost build a sand castle in it!

Cosmos 1000 The hdd cooling is not good enough

Cosmos s Hdd mounting cage setup is crap

Atcs 840 Awesome case, all i want but too expensive

Antec 1200 Nice case but worried its length is not more than my old 900,not enough room to install a large vid card and hdd with cable in line with each other.

Antec 183 Don't think this case has enough cooling for my setup

Antec 193 Side panel with mounted fan looks really crap

Lian li a70b
lian li a71b
lian li a77b
lian li a7010b

Are all options that i am considering atm

Thermaltake is not really an option as their cases does not have good buildd quality

Hope you can help me decide what to pick

thx

emperor77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
yea i have, but dust always seems to enter case sooner or later!The Haf is really good value for money,but i will never buy a case without dust filters again

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008

Elevating a pc off the ground a few inches is cheap, readily available and easy to install.

MrBradley

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2008
I kinda disagree with your comment on Thermaltake. My friend has a thermaltake Armor case that is absolutely amazing. Has great room capacity, dust filters, and is very sturdy+Light weight. You should consider taking a look into it. They are very well made cases.

emperor77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I just noticed something. In the UK market the ATCS 840 costs 220 pounds while the Lian li 70 series cost 150 pounds! In the U.S its the other way around! The Lian Li 70 series is about 280 dollars while the ATCS 840 is 200 dollars!

Does not make sense......

emperor77

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
I helped build a pc for a friend and he had a thermaltake spedo! The plastic components of the Spedo were a let down! Underneath all the plastic rubbish and noisy fans it is a sturdy chassis, but considering its price point,there is too many cases out there that has much better quality

Ancient_1

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
Another one to consider it the SILVERSTONE FT01.
It has a few things that could be better like the top filter has to be bowed and kept straight to remove and reinstall it, it should of come out from the side. Wire management is a little tough mainly from the small amount of space between the side panel and back of the motherboard try, but is doable. It only comes with one hot swap adapter and to use vid cards longer than 10.5" one of the drive cages has to be removed. It also can only take an atx sized board without modification.

On mine right now I have all 7 HD slots used with all seven hot swap adapters. And I really like the intake fan right above my heat sink.

29.JPG

37.JPG

42.JPG

Latest posts