Case Mod: Cooler Master S Aston Martin Look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]Hmm, no thanks, probably guzzles energy like an Aston Martin does, and expensive to repair. Got an un-riced Civic case?[/citation]

Um... ok?????

I refuse to look at any pics on toms. Clicking a pic gives about the same size pic in a new page, then you click again to get it opened in a new window without resizing, then you have to close that, go back on the new page to click another picture into a new page and click to see it bigger in a new window again.

Lightbox Tom's, it's like 6 years old and works on mobiles even.

rinval

Honorable
May 17, 2012
that is a very nice mod. Beautifully done! it is very clean!

My only concern would be fear of overheating issues as the cpu etc is air cooled. all the drives and PSU are completely enclosed other then what air is pushed behind the motherboard tray and gaps in the molding. I would think the system would have trouble with adequate airflow. you may consider perforating the motherboard side of your molding with some holes in some kind of pattern, maybe some cool looking Aston Martin logo out of holes. that should fix any airflow issues.

Inferno1217

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Anybody else notice the absence of a proper video card? Why spend all your money on the case and then have inferior parts inside? If your going to mod the case then go all out inside also. I agree the wood is dreadful. It would have been nice to see the wood in a color Aston's come with.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
I think it looks quite good. The lighting is a really nice touch around the knobs and on the analog clock face. Not a case I would want personally but they did an outstanding job on it's execution. It kind of has that refined look you expect in a luxury car.

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Not a fan of the wood paneling on the outside - I think it would have been more true to Aston Martin's designs if the interior had the paneling around the parts. Other than that, looks very nice.

G

The only Aston Martin that would make it harder for you to get laid...

Rhinofart

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Aston's do come in a wood that color. I would like it if the case came in the glossy black piano finish to match my Aston. ;0) I'd pick one of them up then.

mynith

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
I personally think carbon fiber is only pretty when there's a logical reason to use it. When it's form following function, where lightness and rigidity are of utmost performance. Here, not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS