[SOLVED] Case rear fan touching Mobo VRM

Nov 4, 2019
Hello guys, i want some help with my pc. So i have aerocool rift case with a factory rear fan/cooler so this fan touching my mobo VRM cooling (Gigabyte b450 aorus elite).
So the question is next. This is hurt for my mobo VRM cooling or its fine?
Personally i change the case fan for something else but i dont know for what.
Any suggestion?

Nov 4, 2019
I would be concerned....that over time....the vibration from the fan (whatever there is) may have a detrimental effect on the MB.

Vibration over time can cause things to come loose.
Next year a buy a new case, the current one is a temporary, until then do you have any suggestion?

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
is it actually touching or just really close? did you have to jam it in place to get it to fit (indicating it rubs side of fan etc? I have a similar board and my back fan is very close to the VRM cooler but not touching

Gfost73

Reputable
Mar 23, 2019
could test to see if it really is touching, just use a small strip of paper and slide it between the 2 parts.. if they touch it shouldn't slide threw.. as well I dont think vibration would be an concern, after all the CPU cooler would vibrate as much or more , and they do make cases that have everything on top of everything else, so not sure it would vibrate enough to worry about

Nov 4, 2019
could test to see if it really is touching, just use a small strip of paper and slide it between the 2 parts.. if they touch it shouldn't slide threw.. as well I dont think vibration would be an concern, after all the CPU cooler would vibrate as much or more , and they do make cases that have everything on top of everything else, so not sure it would vibrate enough to worry about
When i screwed in the fan i saw the I/O shield get pressed by the fan but only when i screwed the fan but any sure to be sure when a get home i check it

Nov 4, 2019
So i try it out and what you said, and yeah even the slice paper cannot fit in between the 2 part