Question Case recommendation

O8mcmuffin

Commendable
Jul 28, 2020
Hello all thanks for reading. So I'm in-between the Corsair 4000D and NZXT H7 Flow. Deciding between these two since they both look like decent air flow cases. Has anyone had issues as far as temps go using any of these with a 5800X and 3080 ti. If there's any other cases you recommend that would be help full. Thanks again

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I refrain from doing that anymore, except if the user is considering a particularly poor airflow case. It is something YOU will be looking at and living with for some time, so it needs to be something YOU will like; the topic is subjective.
I suggest looking around for a bit more for other options that catch your fancy.

On to the 2 you've mentioned though:
Both come with just 2 preinstalled fans, but that can be easily resolved with a 280/360mm AIO/CLC.
The H7 Flow is a little larger all around and heavier. That'll come into play when you're transporting it.
The 4000D's front panel won't look as dirty over time compared to the H7 Flow, due to the V-shaped panel. Doesn't mean you get to clean it less often though, which I think some folks use as an excuse to get non-meshed out cases.
The 4000D is a fair bit cheaper. 95USD direct from Corsair Vs 130USD direct from NZXT. 35 bucks could buy an extra fan or something - or just keep it for later use.

I'd lean towards the 4000D, but I have no particular aesthetic favor for one or the other.

Reactions: O8mcmuffin

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello all thanks for reading. So I'm in-between the Corsair 4000D and NZXT H7 Flow. Deciding between these two since they both look like decent air flow cases. Has anyone had issues as far as temps go using any of these with a 5800X and 3080 ti. If there's any other cases you recommend that would be help full. Thanks again
If they are the same price I would get the NZXT since you can mount 3X 140mm fans in the front and a 140mm in the back.

EDIT your going to need to buy extra fans with either case.

Last edited:

O8mcmuffin

Commendable
Jul 28, 2020
If they are the same price I would get the NZXT since you can mount 3X 140mm fans in the front and a 140mm in the back.

EDIT your going to need to buy extra fans with either case.
I refrain from doing that anymore, except if the user is considering a particularly poor airflow case. It is something YOU will be looking at and living with for some time, so it needs to be something YOU will like; the topic is subjective.
I suggest looking around for a bit more for other options that catch your fancy.

On to the 2 you've mentioned though:
Both come with just 2 preinstalled fans, but that can be easily resolved with a 280/360mm AIO/CLC.
The H7 Flow is a little larger all around and heavier. That'll come into play when you're transporting it.
The 4000D's front panel won't look as dirty over time compared to the H7 Flow, due to the V-shaped panel. Doesn't mean you get to clean it less often though, which I think some folks use as an excuse to get non-meshed out cases.
The 4000D is a fair bit cheaper. 95USD direct from Corsair Vs 130USD direct from NZXT. 35 bucks could buy an extra fan or something - or just keep it for later use.

I'd lean towards the 4000D, but I have no particular aesthetic favor for one or the other.
Honestly I still don’t plan on getting a case, most likely will cut out another hole on my current one. But if my plan doesn’t work I’ll just get one of these two. Saw them both in person and my only concern is the temps.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Honestly I still don’t plan on getting a case, most likely will cut out another hole on my current one. But if my plan doesn’t work I’ll just get one of these two. Saw them both in person and my only concern is the temps.
Still using the NZXT H510?
It's a negative pressure focused case, but has a weakness in that the higher total system power consumption gets, the harder managing thermals gets.
Side + bottom vent and the unused PCIe slots are the intakes. [If you install front intake fans, the negative pressure system is actually lost. Gamers' Nexus and Greg Salazar have videos on this.]
Top and rear 120mm fan spaces are the exhausts.
There's only so much air that can come in and go out of this case. Negative pressure systems can work well, but that one makes things a bit tight.

I recall some sites(can't remember the names anymore) did sell DIY front mesh panels... they might've stopped since the Flow series released.

Last edited:

O8mcmuffin

Commendable
Jul 28, 2020
Still using the NZXT H510?
It's a negative pressure focused case, but has a weakness in that the higher total system power consumption gets, the harder managing thermals gets.
Side + bottom vent and the unused PCIe slots are the intakes. [If you install front intake fans, the negative pressure system is actually lost. Gamers' Nexus and Greg Salazar have videos on this.]
Top and rear 120mm fan spaces are the exhausts.
There's only so much air that can come in and go out of this case. Negative pressure systems can work well, but that one makes things a bit tight.

I recall some sites(can't remember the names anymore) did sell DIY front mesh panels... they might've stopped since the Flow series released.
Yeah lol still using the H510 I saw their videos but this was after buying the case. I made cut out at the front for the AIO after watching jayztwocents video and it helped keep the cpu temps down. But now with the new card in there it starts getting toasty and think about gamers comment “fish tank were gpus come to die”. Will be looking around for better cases after your last comment since I’m in no rush at the moment, thank you remove able glass panel.