Case selection help

maflynn

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Ok guys, I'm looking for a little help with my case selection. I've all but decided on the Antec Nine Hundred Two Black Steel and it will be using SeaSonic X650 Gold 650W along with an asus motherboard and the intel i7-930 cpu.

I'm second guessing the case selection, in that the 900 series case may be over kill. I'm not a gamer and I'll not be over clocking the cpu terribly. Yeah once I get my feet wet I'll probably OC it a bit but not a lot.

Anyways can anyone else recommend a case along the lines of the antec. They have the 300 series case as well, but it appears to have less fans and bays. I want to make sure I get one that gives me the best flexibility for the future. I also want to make sure its a quiet case that provides optimum cooling. That's why I initially settled on the antec, plus it does look sharp.

Thanks
Mike

One thing for sure, that 902 is no way near quite.. And its distracting courtesy all those LED fans (nice jazz though).. The antec 300 is a sweet case with good airflow and quite operation.. But since you've already looked into it then let me give a few other recommendations taking care of your criteria.. Take a look at the CM 690/690 II advanced, antec P193.. If you've a real nice budget then i'll highly recommend the CM Storm Sniper..

maflynn

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
Thanks for the heads up. The youtube review of the 902 implied that the fans at lower speed were very quiet. I figured that if I got the 902 with all of those fans, I'd only need to run them at slow speed or not all of them. Depending on what I'm doing of course.

I'll look into the links provided :)

maflynn

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010

I took the 300 off the list not because I didn't like it but I thought the 902 was going to provide superior cooling (though admittedly I'm not a gamer).

Mike

TRENDING THREADS