Question case suggestion

Sep 2, 2019
I picked up a Meshify C today and after pulling it out of the box I'm not really feeling it. The biggest downside for me is the PSU shroud covering up the lowest fan slot. While I dont know that I will NEED a 360mm radiator in the front, I want the ability to upgrade to one in the future.

parts list

I really like the Corsair 500D RBG, but $300 is too much for a case for me. So what I'm looking for is a mid tower with 3 120mm RGB fans in front, 1 in the read, and mounting locations for at least 2 120mm fans in the top. I would like an integrated RGB controller or, one that can be controlled through the motherboard. I'm sure there are things that I am missing in my search, but those are the basics.

If you want some decent advice, don't look for cases with RGB fans built in, because 99% of the time those fans are absolute garbage, and you may as well literally set fire to your money. If you want a case where you could, if you wanted to, fit a 360mm radiator upfront, the best one I can think of is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG. Not only can it fit a 360mm rad up front, but it can fit one in the roof at the same time. It's a gorgeous case. Then simply buy some deccent RGB fans, and hook them up to a decent motherboard with a fan cable splitter.

Reactions: Phaaze88
Sep 2, 2019
If you want some decent advice, don't look for cases with RGB fans built in, because 99% of the time those fans are absolute garbage, and you may as well literally set fire to your money. If you want a case where you could, if you wanted to, fit a 360mm radiator upfront, the best one I can think of is the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG. Not only can it fit a 360mm rad up front, but it can fit one in the roof at the same time. It's a gorgeous case. Then simply buy some deccent RGB fans, and hook them up to a decent motherboard with a fan cable splitter.

I've been thinking about getting a case like the non RGB Corsair 500D (still more than I wanted to spend but doable) or the icue equipped cases, but do the cases that dont come with RGB need a separate controller for RGB fans? I know the motherboard can link to several different RGB controllers, but I dont know if the motherboard can control them separately.

TimH77

Reputable
Jul 21, 2017
I picked up a Meshify C today and after pulling it out of the box I'm not really feeling it. The biggest downside for me is the PSU shroud covering up the lowest fan slot. While I dont know that I will NEED a 360mm radiator in the front, I want the ability to upgrade to one in the future.

parts list

I really like the Corsair 500D RBG, but $300 is too much for a case for me. So what I'm looking for is a mid tower with 3 120mm RGB fans in front, 1 in the read, and mounting locations for at least 2 120mm fans in the top. I would like an integrated RGB controller or, one that can be controlled through the motherboard. I'm sure there are things that I am missing in my search, but those are the basics.

I've been looking for cases for a build too. My specs are similar to yours except I'm planning on a 280mm AIO.

The Phanteks P600S is a great option. It has removable sound deadening panels for maximum airflow.

The DeepCool Matrexx 70 is another I'm considering. The top of the PSU shroud is glass and will reflect any RGB. The way the tempered glass releases is better than 4 (thumb) screws, I just wish it had grommets in the holes separating component side from wire side.

Cooler Master MasterCase MC600P is another option for a 360mm radiator.

Not sure if it's important to you but all three above have removable front, top and bottom filters to minimize dust.

I'm doing a lot of RGB and have a few others saved that are compatible with MSI Mystic Light, depending on which motherboard you have.

Last edited: