Question case swap

Feb 23, 2019
Hello, I'm trying to swap my case from a dell optiplex 9020 to a different case
my motherboard is an intel q87
I looked for hours upon hours and couldn't find anything if you know and you can find a case it would be so helpful as i have a case and i tried to swap but the motherboard wouldn't fit in.
I am swapping because of the low 255 watt power supply and i am going to upgrade from radeon r5 240 to a 1050 ti so pleaseeeeee helpeee meeee reeeeee
Thanks!:D

If the 9020 is a mid tower, the board should be atx standard, although the power is not, you would have to pick up a 24 pin to 8 pin adapter to use other psu's. Also, I'd believe the front panel pin out to be proprietary as well, as a fellow Dell motherboard in standard case user, you'll prolly have to find the pinout and only use the power button or somehow rout your front panel around lol. If the 9020 is DT, u might be able to use it, though there might be a 50w pci-e limit like on the sff models.

Feb 23, 2019
Its an sff reee
If the 9020 is a mid tower, the board should be atx standard, although the power is not, you would have to pick up a 24 pin to 8 pin adapter to use other psu's. Also, I'd believe the front panel pin out to be proprietary as well, as a fellow Dell motherboard in standard case user, you'll prolly have to find the pinout and only use the power button or somehow rout your front panel around lol. If the 9020 is DT, u might be able to use it, though there might be a 50w pci-e limit like on the sff models.

Yeah, well, further research indicates the watt limit to not be in place(my 9010 is 50w), so you can use the full 75W. However, the board is non-standard with mounting holes in different places and a wider board, along with the psu needing an adapter.

Unless you're a bit handy and don't mind drilling new stand off points in your case,and removing any interference of it being a wider board, you won't be able to put it in a dif case.