fultonloyn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Just looking for some quick tips or anything i should watch out for when I cange computer cases this week.

I am moving from a Prestigio mid tower to the CM HAF X 932 Advanced.

If you would like to know my rig be glad to answer any questions. Thanks!

alverdeja

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
If this is you first time uninstalling and reinstalling a motherboard, you should take note of were certain plugs go. If your HAF is anything like my Storm Scout, the front header will be separated into,I think, 5 different plugs(Power, Reset, LED +, LED -, HDD LED) and they need to connect in a rather exact order. Lol, when I switched cases for the first time, it took me 2 hours to figure that out.

fultonloyn

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Thanks for the info. Sorry, that was misleading its actually a Sigma La Vie mid tower. Prestigiou is the model line.

I was actually going to take not of every connection on the mobo prior to disassembly. I figure that the small plug ins would be the most tedious. HDD's and graphics cards are pretty straight forward.

I was also concerned about my heatsink. I should just be able to pull the mobo put and transfer it without taking the heatsink off, correct? I just don't want to reapply artic silver.