Case USB ports not working. Error 43

FryedPigBacon

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Just finished first build everything went good. Also first time with windows 10. Except now I can't get the USB 3.0 ports on the case to work. If I plug something in I get error 43, with the exception of my mouse and keyboard. I'd really like to be able to plug my phone and xbox controller in...

error43.png

j26ilci19

What i have tried so far...

1) Reinstalling the included drivers -- Devicemanager > update driver > browse..> let me Pick >
I did this on each device. It was all the same driver as in the pic below.
installdriver.png

2) using the intel driver update utility, didn't have any drivers to update.

3) I checked here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/65855/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver for drivers. But it doesn't show any for windows 10 I have not tried installing either of those.

4) Turn off the computer and pull the power lead out of the PSU. Wait 30 seconds. Plug power back in and power up computer.

Here is most of the build minus the gpu/ extra HDDs to save space..

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($259.25 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($73.00 @ Vuugo)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($80.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($116.98 @ DirectCanada)
Case: Thermaltake Core V21 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($80.72 @ DirectCanada)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.98 @ DirectCanada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full - USB (32/64-bit) ($134.99 @ NCIX)
Total: $1141.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-15 11:51 EDT-0400

Solution
mental note: add checking cables to many things that can cause problems with pc... guess its obvious now.

shame i didn't think of it before, replacement cables easier than rma motherboard.

FryedPigBacon

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
Update -- I gave up for a while, when I came back the USB ports don't even register when something is plugged in. HOWEVER mouse and keyboard still work.
is it possible the mobo/header is no good ? I have bios v f4 there is a one newer version f5 but it doesn't mention anything in regards to USB ect.

Colif - I didn't try it exactly like that but when I tried earlier today; I shut down > unplug > waited 1 minute or so > turned on > plugged in > same errors

Also yes all my drivers are current.

FryedPigBacon

Commendable
Apr 2, 2016
The only reason I am skeptical is because It was at least registering in windows before. Now its not any longer. Also I don't like flashing bios I'm still a little new. But I have tried checking the bios settings and loaded optimized settings etc. I'll try the shutdown method again right now.