Question Case USB ports not working

bollix4

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018
Ok, so I've had a lot of problems with my front-side case USB 3.0 ports. On device manager it just keeps saying "Device Descriptor Request Failed." I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the device on device manager, I've tried updating all of the chipset software, I've checked the cables and I know they're fine, and yet still nothing is working. I really don't get what's happening here. I had a similar issue when I put in a PCI-E video capture card, but updating the drivers solved the problem. Now it's just stopped working all of a sudden and I can't figure out why. Any ideas?

bollix4

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018
It's possible the piece on your motherboard died, check if there are any settings to disable front USB I/O in your BIOS settings. Did the front case ports ever work?

As I said, they were working fine until recently. I shall have a look at that in the bios then.

On the motherboard do you have 2 sets of front USB ports? If so try changing the front USB ports cable to the other spot on the motherboard.

Yes I do; that's why I bought it. The case actually has 4 USB ports so both cables are plugged in, and neither of them are working.

bollix4

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018
I had a look at the front USB settings in the BIOS and it said they were set to normal. It comes with a +0.3V compensator so I tried enabling that but no luck.