[SOLVED] case vibration/ noise

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
i got a coolermaster mastercase lite 3.1 that is kind of quiet but sometimes it gives this high pitch noise , not loud but low high pitch. when i push down
lightly on top of the computer case or press the windowed side panel in slightly the sound goes away .
the most loud Component is a kfa 2 geforce gtx 1050 ti Graphics card but still manage to get it almost quiet except for that high pitc noise that comes
sometimes.
i changed the fan on the cooler to a noctua rpm fan and also got one 120 mm noctua rpm fan as outtake. in front i got one bitfenix Spectre 120 mm that i thought was making the noise.but turns out it wasnt.

Components in case is

Fujitsu motherboard 1155

intel core i5 2500 with xilence cpu cooler, changed fan to noctua 92 mm rpm fan

8 gb ddr3 ram

3 x Kingston ssd

kfa2 geforce gtx 1050 ti, fans running at minimum of 40 percent and is the most noisy Component but i dont Think the high pitch noise
is coming from it since it goes away when i press down on computer case

500 w evga White bottom mounted psu . could this be cause?

trying to figure out what is causing the vibration that give this annoying noise.

any suggestions? thanks

Solution
Without just opening up your case and listenting carefully, an easy way to find out is to get something like a screwdriver or a pencil, placing one end of it by your ear, and the other on a safe place of your component and you'll hear the vibration.

You can do this on the outside of your case too to get a feel as to what location the vibration is coming from.

Probably sounds like PSU initially. Make sure everything is secure enough that it can't move or vibrate.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Without just opening up your case and listenting carefully, an easy way to find out is to get something like a screwdriver or a pencil, placing one end of it by your ear, and the other on a safe place of your component and you'll hear the vibration.

You can do this on the outside of your case too to get a feel as to what location the vibration is coming from.

Probably sounds like PSU initially. Make sure everything is secure enough that it can't move or vibrate.

Solution

j121

Reputable
Nov 9, 2017
thanks i will try that , i pinned this down to the graphics card after trying anoter card in the compute it went almost silent. im not gonna be using this myself so i guess they gotta live with it.