Case wires assignment seems a little cloudy in manual

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
I don't remember having this many issues figuring out where the case wires go. I think Cooler Master was easier. This is my first Corsair case- 760T. Looking in the manual for the Asrock x370 Tachi, I saw HDD LED, power switch, reset switch, led +, led -...Is anyone familiar with this MB? For the case wires, I see they aren't labeled positive/negative or with any triangle. DOes anyone know the correct way to connect (the HDD LED wire has the lettering face down etc) or would this be a simple fix, I press the power button, system doesn't turn on....unplug everything and flip wire?

Also, with only 2 USB headers, seems like I quickly found I have no more USB headers If I'm using COrsair link? I have the 115i plugged in and the commander pro for the case fans. These 2 used up my 2 USB headers. Seems like I can't plug in the case USB wire or the corsair link wire from the PSU. I guess if I needed more USB sockets, I should of gotten a motherboard that provides more?

mips42

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017

If they are not labelled, Typically the LED wires are for the power LED. The + is typically green and the - is typically white.
Lets see here, the Commander Pro needs a USB Header so that's one. and the 115i liquid cooler needs a USB header so, yeah, that's both your headers.
If you want, you can get a pci card with more USB headers...

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

I see my PSU the HX1000i needs a USB2.0 header. If this was the case, I should have just gotten the HX1000.
I plugged the case fans (3 of them) into the Commander pro so I plugged in the commander pro to the last USB2 socket. I could have sworn their were more USB headers. I looked at the Maximum Hero board I was looking at before I got the Asrock Tachi and it said 2 headers also. How do people go around this or as you said, a PCI card with more. Probably don't need it. I just have mouse and keyboard which plug into the MB and a headset which the case has USB3.0 and at least 1 USB3.0, I only needed 1 lol. I was thinking of just wrapping the USB wire from the case and tucking it in. It has quite a few USB 3.0 ports.

By the way, the 115i goes into the CPU Waterpump fan connector labeled #2 in manual diagram?