• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Case with 120mm fan

dashelj

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2003
Is there such a case that can normally fit a 120mm fan. I imagine they are out there - just more expensive. I would like to keep noise down but obviously not at the expense of too much cooling. Do you think 5 vantec stealth fans would give enough cooling? (too expensive to actually do but in theory)

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
If you are decent with drill and a fine toothed saw, (Hacksaw, recipricating, etc.) then you can cut out holes in you side panel and/or top of your case if there is room.

You can use a CD a template. They are 120mm in diameter.

Use the drill to cut a hole large enough for the saw to fit into and then cut out the circle. Clean off the edges with a file and sandpaper. Put the fan over the 120mm hole so you can mark the screw holes. Drill the screw holes. Attach the fan. Plug it in. Bingo. A case with one or multiple 120mm fans.

<A HREF="http://www.millionmanlan.com/MMLDefault.asp" target="_new">Million Man LAN 2 is June 25-29, 2003 in Louisville Kentucky... Be there!</A>

You can use a CD a template. They are 120mm in diameter.
Oh wow! I never noticed. Have to remember that one. :wink:

<b><font color=blue>~ <A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=324&s=58e94ba84a16bedfebbf0f416d5bac48" target="_new">System Specs</A> ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

vagabond

Distinguished
May 5, 2002
Thanks BUM,

Now I know where to put my 120mm Pabst Fan I took off of a dead server. Nifty idea with the CD.

<b><font color=blue>VAGABOND<font color=blue></b>

<b><font color=blue>veni,vidi, and ended up in THGC<font color=blue></b>