Question Case with hot-swap drive bays

Oct 8, 2020
I'm trying to find a case to a media server based on Unraid. It needs a minimum of 6 hot-swap 3.5" drive bays and ideally 8 or more. Also, need room for 2-4 2.5" drives, ideally hot-swap.

I will be using an ATX motherboard and have two graphical cards. Probably will need room for one extra PCI card to expand the number of SATA ports. Size is not a big issue, but I do not want to use something rack mounted.

The reason I want hot-swap is because I will not normally have access to the server myself but will have to instruct a non-tech person to do drive changes for me. I could do without the hot-swap if changing drives could be done really easily and without tools.

The only one I have found is the Silverstone SST-CS380 V2, but I would like something with room for better cooling. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Oct 8, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Hot swap bays were and are a thing of the past. I'd suggest looking into Icy Dock's drive caddy's if you have a case lying around but want to add the caddy in and access through the front panel.
Well, thank you, friendly moderator! Happy to be here :)
Yeah, have been looking at drive caddys but still have problems finding a case that will fit the number of drives I want. Usually, there is some arrangement of fans in the front that take up most of the space.

Have built quite a few PCs in my time, but it was some time ago (first one in -89 and I think there actually was a floppy drive in the last one) and the case has never been an issue. I'm not familiar with how modern cases can be changed and rearranged.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS