CaseLabs Q&A Session: January 2015 AMA Recap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urzu1000

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2013
Didn't even know this company existed to be honest. After having a look at their lineup, I will probably be buying one for my next build.

szalkerous

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
I love my CaseLabs case, one of the best investments I made in a long time. Sure, the delivery takes significantly longer than other cases, but the end result is VERY worth the wait.

zenbi

Reputable
Jan 16, 2015
After being a long time fan of Lian-Li, I decided to try CaseLabs (Mercury S3) for my last build.

The problem I have with Lian-Li is that they make a dozen different designs every year (with limited availability) and continually retire the old designs. Getting the same model one year later just doesn't seem possible.

I hope that CaseLabs maintains a stable (and small) set of models that I can reorder next year (or even next month)!

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
About the USB and i/o on the front of the cases. Seriously, you bring up cost? your cases are already some of the most expensive in the world, albiet nice, but the cost of USB is probably $2-3. We pay more than that in tax, VAT, import tarriff's etc.. Now if it was thunderbolt or optical then yea i see the reasoning.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Great, but it's a specific manufacturer. Why not have an open call for reps from various companies? It's kind of like an officer throwing a party for specific people rather than the whole squadron. Just doesn't seem right good Ret. Sarge/Chief.

USAFRet

Titan

There have been, and will be, multiple AMA threads. In several different product categories, from different manufacturers. This one happened to be CaseLabs.

USAFRet

Titan
Doing a general free for all, with several different manufacturers (Fractal/Antec/CaseLabs/Lion-Li/etc/etc) would get FAR too confusing and counterproductive.

That type of thing is preferably done as a Review. "What cases, in a specific price band, work best?" Things like that.
An AMA is aimed at a specific company.

Status
Not open for further replies.