Cases fans !!!!

khoa_6

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
Hi I have 5 case fans
I have 6 case fan spots in. My case. One in the front. One in the back. On on the bottom. Two on the top
Where should I already out these case fans out of the 6 spots. Which position do I face them towards the case or away.

Solution
Typically (not specific as it depends on your chassis and layout), when fans are at full speed, the sweet spot for the most number of fans recommended considering noise/temperature/price is:

FRONT: 2 fans (towards the case)
REAR: 1 fan (away from the case)
TOP: 1 fan (away from the case)

If you wish to fill up all 6 fan slots of your chassis, there would typically be no significant temp difference at full speed compared to just using the 4 fans as suggested above. But, if you can control (slow down) the fan speeds, using 6 total fans at slower speeds can produce the same amount of airflow as using just 4 at max. speeds, but at a much lower noise levels:

REAR: 1 fan (away...

khoa_6

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
DOSES there's only one fan in the bottom(near psu)Two on top(above the motherboard and cpu). One back(next to where you would plug in Ethernet and monitor) Two front near (harddrive ssd and power button)

Typically (not specific as it depends on your chassis and layout), when fans are at full speed, the sweet spot for the most number of fans recommended considering noise/temperature/price is:

TOP: 1 fan (away from the case)

If you wish to fill up all 6 fan slots of your chassis, there would typically be no significant temp difference at full speed compared to just using the 4 fans as suggested above. But, if you can control (slow down) the fan speeds, using 6 total fans at slower speeds can produce the same amount of airflow as using just 4 at max. speeds, but at a much lower noise levels:

TOP: 2 fans (away from the case)
BOTTOM: 1 fan (towards the case)

Solution