Question Case's Grey and pink wires welded to the atx-24 connector

Jan 28, 2022
This wires are directly welded to the atx-24 connector, one in the +5VSB and the other one in ground. I bought a new PSU and I don't want to do this with the new one. What can I do with them? I don't know what are they for.
Reset sw, Power sw, and power led are correctly plugged into the Motherboard.Picture I took

kanewolf

Titan
This wires are directly welded to the atx-24 connector, one in the +5VSB and the other one in ground. I bought a new PSU and I don't want to do this with the new one. What can I do with them? I don't know what are they for.
Reset sw, Power sw, and power led are correctly plugged into the Motherboard.Picture I took
Start by tracing the case wires to the other end.
This will provide a reference for the 24 pinout -- https://www.lifewire.com/atx-24-pin-12v-power-supply-pinout-2624578
Purple is supposed to be +5 VDC Standby but I would verify that. I am GUESSING that somebody wanted always on USB charging or something.

Jan 28, 2022
I replaced the PSU, and I can't weld the wires to the new PSU connector, I need to know what to do with that wires, they don't have a connector, they are literally in the air.Picture of the wires.Their original color is purple and black just like the +5VSB and ground (they were welded to them) but I can't weld them again in the new PSU. There have to be something else to do instead of welding them to the PSU. I Hope you guys understand, my english is kind of poor

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I replaced the PSU, and I can't weld the wires to the new PSU connector, I need to know what to do with that wires, they don't have a connector, they are literally in the air.Picture of the wires.Their original color is purple and black just like the +5VSB and ground (they were welded to them) but I can't weld them again in the new PSU. There have to be something else to do instead of welding them to the PSU. I Hope you guys understand, my english is kind of poor
What are those wires going to???

Jan 28, 2022
leave them off and try to power up the PC, make sure the wires are not touching anything.
I figured it out, they are from the tactile panel. I turned the PC on with a screwdriver. That's why it uses +5vsb (the panel have lights even when the pc is off)
So the PC works but I dont have a place to connect the tactile panel

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
My God who did that wacko job?? The guy literally cut 2 wires instead of splicing them. ABSOLUTELY BARBARIC.

Here's how you do it. Bit of solder to keep it in place then a little heatshrink or tape to cover it.
B1q2dEt.png

Also, touch panel? what kind of case are you using?