Question Casing fans making buzzing noise when Air conditioning's compressor turns on

fuga-man

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I am facing this weird problem when the fans inside my casing start making electrical buzzing noises whenever my air conditioner's compressor turns on. The aircon and the computer are plugged into different outlets. Both the power outlets have their ground connections intact. The noise goes away as soon as I turn off the aircon.
This issue is bugging the hell out of me. Any possible solutions? What am I missing here.

I am facing this weird problem when the fans inside my casing start making electrical buzzing noises whenever my air conditioner's compressor turns on. The aircon and the computer are plugged into different outlets. Both the power outlets have their ground connections intact. The noise goes away as soon as I turn off the aircon.
This issue is bugging the hell out of me. Any possible solutions? What am I missing here.
Just because they're plugged into different outlets doesn't mean they're not on the same circuit branch involving the same circuit breaker or fuse, and it also doesn't mean that your total building amperage is adequate for the load. Resolving the problem would most likely involve expensive electrical work so you may just have to live with it.

That's true, but, before I started thinking about "expensive electrical work" I'd try testing the theory by connecting either the PC or the air conditioner to an outlet that is 100% on a different breaker circuit. That should tell you if the problem is because they are on the same circuit or not, and there's a good chance the problem IS because of that. Electrical "noise" is not uncommon to be shared between devices that are using the same wiring.

Reactions: dwd999

TRENDING THREADS