[SOLVED] Cast button on YouTube is present on my Lenovo W540, but missing on my friend's W540

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2020
Hello!

Me and my friend have the same laptops Lenovo W540 with the same parts, same Windows 10, same drivers but the thing is that on his laptop the cast to device button on YouTube(opened on Chrome browser) is missing and he cant cast anything to his TV which obviously supports that feature because on my laptop the cast button is there(I'm at his home).

We tried removing the cookies, incognito browser, reinstall chrome, safe boot.. but the button is still missing on his laptop.
We are both connected to the same network and the TV is connected to the same network too. On my laptop when I open YouTube.com I can see the cast button on every video but it's missing on my friends laptop.
Network discovery is turned on on both laptops.

So we were wondering what setting is responsible for that ? It must be some Windows setting.

I couldn't find any info on the internet.

Please help.

This problem is very strange. I asked people on Reddit, Lenovo Community, YouTube Community but no one seems to know what's causing it.

P.S. Please move this post if is not meant to be posted on this section.

Nov 9, 2020
I've seen it but it's about Chromecast - the hardware thingy and we don't have that.

I think it must be some Windows setting because everything we did must have fixed the issue.
Maybe something in the services, registry.. I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.