Cat 7 Ethernet cable good idea?

Treeace

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
This is two questions sorry the important question is I got a CAT 6 flat Ethernet cable (belkin) If the cable is flat would that effect it's performance? If I ordered a CAT 7 Cable is it a good idea? I would be using it for a direct connection from a Charter modem which has 100mbps speed to my PS4!

Solution
Sometimes I wish people would search, we just had a discussion about this topic less than 24 hours ago, but anyway...

Don't get a Cat7 or Cat6 cable. They aren't worth it and I am willing to bet you money they won't perform at the speeds they are supposed to work at.

Get a Cat5e cable. It's all you need, all your network can handle, and way more than your internet connection can provide.

tigerg

Honorable
Feb 24, 2013
Sometimes I wish people would search, we just had a discussion about this topic less than 24 hours ago, but anyway...

Don't get a Cat7 or Cat6 cable. They aren't worth it and I am willing to bet you money they won't perform at the speeds they are supposed to work at.

Get a Cat5e cable. It's all you need, all your network can handle, and way more than your internet connection can provide.

Solution