Cat 9.12 out,post your experiences and results

sanchz

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
I'll post my results as soon as I get home. I'm not expecting miracles though. Also, the cursor inflation in Win 7 is not mentioned as a resolved issue in the released notes... not even as a known issue... :S

notty22

Distinguished
Good place to ask this, I built a new rig a month ago. i5750 -4770. Had windows running fresh install , installed catalyst 8.10 suite.
Question: What is the best way to upgrade to 8.12 ?
Uninstall from programs add + remove panel- ATI Catalyst install manager
reboot/ no reboot ?
Initiate new install of "full catalyst 9.12 suite"

Used Nvdia for last couple years. Used to have trouble 10 years ago with ATI
when I would install/update individual components with a All in Wonder card.

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
I have a 5870 and played dragon age origins on both 9.11 and 9.12 on 1680x1050, cant say I have noticed any difference. Although I have not run into any problems. Dual screen eyefinity is fun, never have to scroll around to see whats going on. :)

gomi

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Does this solve any of the problems ATI users were having with NFS shift? I was looking up that game and saw a lot of people were having problems playing that game with ati cards.

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007

Yes.

Coming at the end of November will be a second patch released for Need for Speed SHIFT. This patch brings with it many bug fixes and even performance improvements in several areas. AMD has stated all along that it did not feel its new video cards were delivering the kind of performance it should in this game. This new patch, plus a new video card driver, will solve this problem.

Source: [H]ard|OCP - Need for Speed SHIFT Gameplay Performance and IQ

I had mouse enlargement problems with win7 and also FPS drop when using Thermal vision in MW2 therefore i installed Cat 9.12 hotfix and it works great for me.
1_I got 36FPS on average in Crysis benchmark tool and now its 42.84(43 :D )
2_I had slowdowns in DIRT2 Menu whenever i set my res to 1920x1200 and custom settings and its now fixed with this driver
3_I got about 60 FPS on average with Dirt2 benchmark and now i get 78FPS(2 different maps though),so i tested myself in a same map and i get about 20 FPS more than before + it did a great increase on min FPS too,i managed to get about 40 FPS on min and with this driver i get about 60
4_Mouse Enlargement problem seems to have been fixed
5_As i said in MW2,when i switch to Thermal Vision the FPS drops to 50 from 120 but now its the same
Overall a great driver for me :)

This is only because MS's test doesn't render 3D at all, so it stays at relaxed timings during the test.

notty22

Distinguished
Actually I figured out what I did, I lied when I said I didn't " CHANGE " anything else.
I had been cleaning up my c drive (ssd) and deleted the Wildlife.wmv from the public video folder.
I remember reading this in a windows forum before, put it back from another box on network. No error when testing either thats the freaky part.
I have watched my clock speed before it does wake up correctly, but thanks.
Without o/c I get 7.2 in wme. When I o/c it I get 7.4
What it does with that wmv to gauge gpu performance would be interesting to know.

TRENDING THREADS