[SOLVED] cat5e wiring

Sep 12, 2019
should all wires go to the end of the cat head ? hit the end i mean because i was fixing a cable in the housee changed the cat5e head and when i cut the colored wires and put them in should

they be exact same length because i noticed 2 wires were not at the end mean by touching the end

btw it works great but i have a 1000mbs network and my speed only gets 90mbs max and avrage 20 - 40 mbs i think havent downloaded large games yet

i am asking this question because maybe if i do the wiring again with all wires with exact same length and they touch the end my download speed would go much faster ?

my ethernet cable is about 50m long i think.. and its connected to a switch that supports 1000mbs i tested my pc with direct connection and the switch same speeds so far

this is just a question i have no problem thanks.

btw my cat5e wire is connected to cat6 head but the people in the store said that did nothing so just to point out everything

and the ethernet cable goes straight to the router so you dont ask about that

sorry for horrible explaining not great at explaining things

pictures of my things
View: https://imgur.com/a/tU1qAEU

View: https://imgur.com/a/QDnfqMp

sorry for my other photo my phone cant focus

Solution
There is some extra room at the end of the plugs all that really matters is the part of the wire that the pins cut though. Any wire past that is not really doing anything. It is still good to have the wires as deep as you can get them. If you barely get the end crimped it may break and pull loose.

Still all the really matters is does the cable function correctly. If you see the port running at 1gbit in the network status screens then any issues are not likely that cable.

Cables really only run at 2 speeds. Maximum and zero. But utilization numbers would mean nothing if you only saw 1gbit or 0. These are averages over time. So if it runs 1gbit for 2 second and 0 for 8 seconds you average rate is 200mbps over 10 seconds...
There is some extra room at the end of the plugs all that really matters is the part of the wire that the pins cut though. Any wire past that is not really doing anything. It is still good to have the wires as deep as you can get them. If you barely get the end crimped it may break and pull loose.

Still all the really matters is does the cable function correctly. If you see the port running at 1gbit in the network status screens then any issues are not likely that cable.

Cables really only run at 2 speeds. Maximum and zero. But utilization numbers would mean nothing if you only saw 1gbit or 0. These are averages over time. So if it runs 1gbit for 2 second and 0 for 8 seconds you average rate is 200mbps over 10 seconds even though the cable never really ran at that speed.

Solution