Is there an easy way to create a file with samples of all installed fonts. I
do not want to print it. I just want a reference document.

I know that I can create a text document and change the font for each line
but there must be an easier way. I also know that I can go to fonts in the
control panel and see one at a time. I want a single document with all fonts.

--
Dennis M. Marks

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"denmarks" <denmarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to create a file with samples of all installed
> fonts. I
> do not want to print it. I just want a reference document.
>
> I know that I can create a text document and change the font for each
> line
> but there must be an easier way. I also know that I can go to fonts in
> the
> control panel and see one at a time. I want a single document with all
> fonts.
>
> --
> Dennis M. Marks

I downloaded the PC Magazine FontViewer utility (before they changed
their download site to make users pay for it). It will show a listing
of all fonts with a sample string. You can also print the list and
sample strings. I don't remember what PC Magazine is charging these
days for access to their downloads site but I stopped visiting there
when they claimed their software was free but made you pay to access it.

denmarks wrote:
> Is there an easy way to create a file with samples of all installed
> fonts. I do not want to print it. I just want a reference document.

There are several out there. Here is one shareware package that you can use
as a 30-day trial:
http://www.neuber.com/typograph/index.html

--

....Sky

================

Best thing I've found, Dennis, is a *freeware* program called X-Fonter ...
get it at http://users.pandora.be/eclypse/ ... seems to work flawlessly ...
been using it for more than a year, and never had any problems ... I LOVE
this program! More features than you could ever hope for.

Bill

===========================
"denmarks" <denmarks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there an easy way to create a file with samples of all installed fonts.
> do not want to print it. I just want a reference document.
>
> I know that I can create a text document and change the font for each line
> but there must be an easier way. I also know that I can go to fonts in the
> control panel and see one at a time. I want a single document with all
fonts.

> --
> Dennis M. Marks

There are free, and shareware programs that will do this. Go to a
download site, search for Fontview, and you'll get plenty to choose
from.

Bob