"catalyst control center cannot be started" "there are currently no settings that can be configured using"

yvesgo

Honorable
Dec 17, 2013
I'm getting these messages...
"catalyst control center cannot be started" "there are currently no settings that can be configured using"

How can I make sure my amd radeon card actually gets useD??

Solution
That could happen if drivers have been damaged. I suggest you unistall CCC and also the drivers. Then use Amd cleanup utitlity which will clean remaining mess. If needed delete the Amd folder manually from c: drive and the restart your computer. After that, install the newest amd drivers. That did the trick for me.
I was getting the same message while opening ccc because my drivers were damaged, and games were not running ( how would they if drivers weren't working )
If it's your laptop, then download latest drivers from manufacturers website ( google it ).

St0rm_KILL3r

Honorable
Sep 14, 2013
That could happen if drivers have been damaged. I suggest you unistall CCC and also the drivers. Then use Amd cleanup utitlity which will clean remaining mess. If needed delete the Amd folder manually from c: drive and the restart your computer. After that, install the newest amd drivers. That did the trick for me.
I was getting the same message while opening ccc because my drivers were damaged, and games were not running ( how would they if drivers weren't working )
If it's your laptop, then download latest drivers from manufacturers website ( google it ).

Solution

Archan

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014

Dear Sir,
Does your problem solved or not coz m getting the same problem in my graphic too. So please if you have any solution please be inform with me too.
I will be very thankful to you.
thanking you!

Mustafa Bandukda

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014

Hey! I've got the same problem on my lenovo u550 ATI Radeon hd 4330. I recently upgraded my windows to 8.1, but coudn't make my graphic card to use

Wolfshadw

Titan

That means you're only supposed to use drivers from Lenovo. Since it appears your laptop does not support Windows 8, you're pretty much out of luck.

-Wolf sends