"catastrophic error" with 52.16

Status
Not open for further replies.

jubei_woop

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2003
has anyone had a error window open with "catasrophic error" with the 52.16 drivers? i'm using xp with 5900 ultra graphic card, and when i try to view the advance settings this error comes up! can anyone help?
oh and for some reason i dont have the multiple monitor option in the advance options screen, so i can't run my pc through my tv. can anyone help with this also?

jude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i got this error i re installed twice and it still came up,
catostrophic error, when i tried to access the advanced properties tab of the desktop. i know that it wasnt working cause the old nview was still in the tray and thats been replaced i heard in this with program level control. Which is what i wanted, at the moment i have a seperate login for playing games, lol, it works, so i gone back to original drivers. All detenator give out of scan range when i set games to 1200 by 1000 , and my monitor supports, cause its a mulitscan Sony. Anyways games work at 1200 by 1000 with the original drivers that came with the gfx card. It is a Geforce 4800 SE, and is great.

jubei_woop

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2003
ok, ive re-downloaded the drivers and they work ok now. but... now my games have been badly affected! morrowind has become very jerky with long loading times, and call of duty keeps crashing, alot! also the temperature monitor reads 56 degrees on startup when it used to be 45! has ne 1 had the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.