catch-all subdomain set up

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Hi,
In Microsoft DNS, how do I set up a catch-all subdomain handler, so
that
*.mydomain.com goes to mydomain.com

Thanks!

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/DNS-catch-subdomain-set-ftopict357519.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1133776

Let's say you expect mydomain.com to resolve to the IP 1.2.3.4. In your
mydomain.com zone, you will create a record and give it the name * and the
IP 1.2.3.4. You can also create * as a sub-domain and then create a blank
record and give it the IP 1.2.3.4

I hope mydomain.com is NOT an AD domain.

--

Sincerely,
Dèjì Akómöláfé, MCSE+M MCSA+M MCP+I