[SOLVED] Caution regarding Reallocated Sectors Count on CrystalDiskInfo. Is it in trouble?

ArjunY

Commendable
Aug 31, 2020
Click to see the status of the HDD

As the title mentions, with my Hard Disk primarily showing a 'Reallocated Sectors Count' caution, does Hard Disk stand any major risk, or can I safely ignore it? given that I have transferred almost all data to the cloud.

Also, will formatting the drive be of any help in removing the errors? I'm thinking of removing it from its enclosure and using it as a Secondary Internal HDD in my PC, given that it's out of warranty.

I would be glad to have your input.

Click to see the status of the HDD

As the title mentions, with my Hard Disk primarily showing a 'Reallocated Sectors Count' caution, does Hard Disk stand any major risk, or can I safely ignore it? given that I have transferred almost all data to the cloud.

Also, will formatting the drive be of any help in removing the errors? I'm thinking of removing it from its enclosure and using it as a Secondary Internal HDD in my PC, given that it's out of warranty.

I would be glad to have your input.
Maintain good backups and keep an eye on the error count.
If it starts going up plan to replace the unit.

One of the office PC drives at work had a secondary internal SATA drive of 500 GB or so, and it too had a handful (100+?) of reallocated sectors, and CrystalDiskInfo showed it in yellow /'Caution' status...

I cautioned the office that it would likely not last much longer, yet, two years later, it's reallocated sector count remained the same. (That experience is more on the unusual side, however) You'd certainly be wise to trust said drive even less, not that any really deserve trust with anything of importance anyway...; Murphy's Law and all!)