CCC Says 0% GPU Activity 0.o

MaD

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Right, so at this moment i am rendering one of my school projects on 3ds Max, and i just found out that i could find out my graphics card temp on the Catayst Control Center. Well, i checked just to see how my 4850's tempreture was doing, i looked at it, it was stabely on 68 degrees. Below that it has a dial for GPU Activity. It reads 0% and occassionally goes up to 1%. Is the graphics card doing any of the rendering (if its meant to) or is it doing 68 at idle? Could someone just explain this to me.

Thanks.

SirCrono

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
The rendering is probably being done by the CPU, there are programs that support GPU rendering acceleration, but mostly betas, not commercial software.

In a few years the story's going to be different.

And yhea, videocards tend to idle at 60~70ºC, it's completely normal (unless you're using an aftermarket cooler)

MaD

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
Ok, also i was reading something, and aparently gaming GPU's dont work as well with 3d Modelling Programs. For that you will need a specific 3d modelling GPU, or something along the lines of that.

Also, i found a fan fix for the 4850. Apparently the fan doesnt run normally, now im running my fan at 50% and its idling between 46-47. Dunno what it does on games yet, il check it out later.

iTa_Fr3nYo7

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Hello I don't know why people can not read this person was asking about why his Activity Meter was not reading what it should be and I am curious as how this is as well seeing that Mine Is DOING the SAME Ugh ATI! Help with this would be nice. I Am TALKING ABOUT THE CCC and when you go into the ATI OVERDRIVE Menu It Has to the Right a Section Of Meters First being Temp yes next being The Activity that's the one I'm TALKIN ABOUT HERE NOT TEMP ACTIVITY... It reads ZERO! WHY.