[SOLVED] CCX2 is 10% worse then my CCX1, is this normal? Or is it faulty?

NuKeRGG

Honorable
May 15, 2014
Basically what the tittle says.. I have a Ryzen 5 3600x... I can easily run CCX1 at 4.4ghz with no problem, at 1.325v but my CCX2 is completely stable at 3.95ghz but if I bump it more, it just crashes.. So I can only run a completely stable system with CCX1 at 4.4ghz and CCX2 at 3.95ghz at 1.325v is it normal for this big of a difference??? If I lower the voltage, my CCX1 crashes.. so 1.325v is the perfect spot for my CCX1 to get to 4.4ghz and be stable.. but my CCX2, no matter the voltage, it always crashes if I go more then 3.95ghz.. (all this when I stress test it ofc)

Last edited:
Solution
AMD has stated it will boost a single core to rated clock speed in light, bursty processing loads. I've never seen it stated that all cores will boost to max clock and it will never boost all cores to max rated clock at the same time...although it can be coaxed to boost the single core higher than rated clock in some cases. With many processors some cores may never boost to max clock speed...my 3700X has only ever boosted 6 of it's 8 cores to max clock.

It's a function of the silicon lottery; some silicon is better than other silicon. AMD tests the processor and ranks the cores which are best. You can actually see the Core Performance Order or ranking in HWInfo64 info screens and in Ryzenmaster. Windows' scheduler even uses that...
AMD has stated it will boost a single core to rated clock speed in light, bursty processing loads. I've never seen it stated that all cores will boost to max clock and it will never boost all cores to max rated clock at the same time...although it can be coaxed to boost the single core higher than rated clock in some cases. With many processors some cores may never boost to max clock speed...my 3700X has only ever boosted 6 of it's 8 cores to max clock.

It's a function of the silicon lottery; some silicon is better than other silicon. AMD tests the processor and ranks the cores which are best. You can actually see the Core Performance Order or ranking in HWInfo64 info screens and in Ryzenmaster. Windows' scheduler even uses that information when scheduling cores with work to be processed (CPPC).

CCX and CCD (in the case of 3900 and 3950) overclocking is very common with Ryzen, taking advantage of the higher clocks and lower voltage that the better CCX/CCD can handle.

What you're seeing sounds perfectly normal example of variability in the process.

Last edited:
Solution