CD Burning with Roxio EMC

I recently loaded Easy Media creator 7 after I have been using Easy CD
creator 5 for years. I have an HP 8110 writer (4x/2x).

I've tried burning a number of CD-R's and I keep getting a buffer underrun
error randomly in the middle of burning, rendering the disc into a coaster.
I have not other applications running and I am running Windows XP home with
a 1.3GHz Athlon. Any ideas as to why version 5 worked fine and version 7 is
doing this ?

ksb1@cox.net

"ksb1" <ksb1@cox.net> wrote in message
> I recently loaded Easy Media creator 7 after I have been using Easy CD
> creator 5 for years. I have an HP 8110 writer (4x/2x).
>
> I've tried burning a number of CD-R's and I keep getting a buffer underrun
> error randomly in the middle of burning, rendering the disc into a
coaster.
> I have not other applications running and I am running Windows XP home
with
> a 1.3GHz Athlon. Any ideas as to why version 5 worked fine and version 7
is
> doing this ?
>
> ksb1@cox.net

What speed is the new version set to burn at? Check for updates, Roxio and
XP. Roxio is famous for sending out buggy software. Did Roxio install
unneeded applications like anything from Real? Turn off unneeded XP
services. List at blackviper.com.

None

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2002

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:15:08 -0400, "ksb1" <ksb1@cox.net> wrote:

>I recently loaded Easy Media creator 7 after I have been using Easy CD
>creator 5 for years. I have an HP 8110 writer (4x/2x).
>
>I've tried burning a number of CD-R's and I keep getting a buffer underrun
>error randomly in the middle of burning, rendering the disc into a coaster.
>I have not other applications running and I am running Windows XP home with
>a 1.3GHz Athlon. Any ideas as to why version 5 worked fine and version 7 is
>doing this ?
>
>ksb1@cox.net

No idea. I also have a 1.3 gig Athalon system and tried emc7 and
didn't like it much.
Went back to Roxio 5 with all it's different editors and options.