Question cd does not read despite being recognised by win 10

Oct 16, 2019
it says driver works properly and no update is needed but it still does not read the cd content .

D

Deleted member 14196

if it doesn't read any cd, especially purchased products then the drive is defective. you can just get a cheap usb external

Oct 16, 2019
if it doesn't read any cd, especially purchased products then the drive is defective. you can just get a cheap usb external
Thanks for your reply but I want to say that it reads from time to time and sometimes when I open the door it gives that sound when you insert your mouse or keyboard ( on win 10 ) and then it is followed by a message stating it a usb device which is not recognizable . It happened to me that it completely stopped to function but when moved to another place with keyboards and mouse disconnected , it worked well !! and now when I placed the laptop which contains the cd back on my desk , it stopped functioning again !! That is very weird !! If you or any respectful buddy have a solution for it , then I would really be appreciated .

D

Deleted member 14196

so, you disconnected the kb and mouse and it worked on another port? your windows might just be screwed up or you have hardware issues. look at Reliability History and let us know what it finds.