[SOLVED] CD Drive not working

David_512

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
So, the other day, I´ve tried to burn some files on a CD, when my CD drive suddenly stopped working after I´ve ejected the disc. I have HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24LS50 disc drive (LG M-DISC), and I´ve tried multiple CDs to see if the issue is in the CD (I´ve tried multiple CDs and none work). It does some sounds on repeat, like it´s trying to read the disc. Then, after a while, it just stops loading and nothing else happens. I´ve tried Win7 troubleshooting, but it didn´t detect any problems.

Any help would be welcome.

Solution
I have also had issues with some CD roms that have failed to burn. There are three things yu may do:
  • Use another CD writing software. It really turns out some few programs may have bugs that make the CD roms not burn correctly. Preferably use disk writer software that are able to simulate a burn (to insure software errors is not the cause of burn failures).
  • Try to burn with lower data rate (e.g. 8X instead of 24X)
  • I have also experienced that the CD plates have being bad themself, so you may try some different types and see if those works.

If none of the above is to any help, you may get a cleaner disc (i don't know if those are really helpful, have used one just once like a decade ago) - or replace the cd burner itself.
I have also had issues with some CD roms that have failed to burn. There are three things yu may do:
  • Use another CD writing software. It really turns out some few programs may have bugs that make the CD roms not burn correctly. Preferably use disk writer software that are able to simulate a burn (to insure software errors is not the cause of burn failures).
  • Try to burn with lower data rate (e.g. 8X instead of 24X)
  • I have also experienced that the CD plates have being bad themself, so you may try some different types and see if those works.

If none of the above is to any help, you may get a cleaner disc (i don't know if those are really helpful, have used one just once like a decade ago) - or replace the cd burner itself.

Solution