CD Drive problem in old computer

My son is the proud (?) owner of a Desktop EP5000 that i gave
him for his first forage into computing.
While i used it i had no need to insert any new hardware, so never had the
need to lift the cover.
However, on trying to fit a CD burner to it i hit a problem
Its the model that you can have, either as a tower, or a desktop, but, on
trying remove the CD drive
i couldnt, as its a strange setup in there.
There is, not the "normal" layout, but a "cage" holding all the drives -
floppy, HD and CD drives.
On the top of said cage there is a green plastic strip and a yellow button
that i assume is to
release all the drives, but, try as i might i cant get anywhere when trying
to release the drives.
Is there a "knack" to this, or is there a fault with it?

Any, and all help appreciated

Purdy

--
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.

hh

The drive releases are individual for each drive. The green strips on the
sides of the drive cage.

HH