CD drive won't open

I am having to reinstall the hard drive. It asks for me to install the
master CD but the CD-Rom won't open. I push the button and hear a little
movement but it won't open. Does anyone have any suggestions?

try a paper click in the hole on the fron of the tray
it pushes the gear that engages opening

you can also try to reboot and press the button
and pray
"loonyhiker" <loonyhiker@charter.net> wrote in message
>I am having to reinstall the hard drive. It asks for me to install the
>master CD but the CD-Rom won't open. I push the button and hear a little
>movement but it won't open. Does anyone have any suggestions?

"loonyhiker" <loonyhiker@charter.net> wrote in message
>I am having to reinstall the hard drive. It asks for me to install the
>master CD but the CD-Rom won't open. I push the button and hear a little
>movement but it won't open. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In many cases it is looking on the new hard drive for the needed CD Rom
drivers for it to run.
You did not mention if you have one of those dreaded combo drives. On a boot
disk like windows 98, me the virtual drivers are on the disk. I often save
the CD rom drivers to a disk and transfer them to a new drive (HD) however
with the newer OS's it is not necessary.

Elector

I had the same problem & the paper clip worked like a charm. Thanks a
million.
"metronid" <metronid@comcast.net> wrote in message
> try a paper click in the hole on the fron of the tray
> it pushes the gear that engages opening
>

> you can also try to reboot and press the button
> and pray
> "loonyhiker" <loonyhiker@charter.net> wrote in message
> >I am having to reinstall the hard drive. It asks for me to install the
> >master CD but the CD-Rom won't open. I push the button and hear a little
> >movement but it won't open. Does anyone have any suggestions?

mine wont open either and i dont see no hole to put a paper clip??