My windows XP computer came with a CD DVD burner drive and was working
perfect until last week, when I try to play or burn a CD I get a message
which says "NO CD OR DVD BURNER HAS BEEN DECTED" I just can't get it to work.
Can anyone help please? Thank you.

hi,

Try re-installing the drivers for the DVD burner...If that does not
work...Check in device manager[press the windows key and the pause key--->
click on Hardware tab--> Device Manager--->],if the DVD burner is
detected...If not..do check the physical connections of the drive. If the
drive is detected...do uninstall the drive from device manager and reboot the
computer...

Cheers,
RnJ

"guylove62" wrote:

> My windows XP computer came with a CD DVD burner drive and was working
> perfect until last week, when I try to play or burn a CD I get a message
> which says "NO CD OR DVD BURNER HAS BEEN DECTED" I just can't get it to work.
> Can anyone help please? Thank you.

freddy

guylove62 wrote:
> My windows XP computer came with a CD DVD burner drive and was working
> perfect until last week, when I try to play or burn a CD I get a message
> which says "NO CD OR DVD BURNER HAS BEEN DECTED" I just can't get it to work.
> Can anyone help please? Thank you.
You may also have to check that the burner shows up in BIOS. If not it
could be a hardware failure.

Freddy

Check the properties of the CD Burner drive and click on the recording tab. If the
check mark to enable recording is checked, uncheck it and hit apply and then recheck
it and hit apply. If that doesn’t work see:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q316529
CD-R Drive or CD-RW Drive Is Not Recognized As a Recordable Device.

"guylove62" wrote:

> My windows XP computer came with a CD DVD burner drive and was working
> perfect until last week, when I try to play or burn a CD I get a message
> which says "NO CD OR DVD BURNER HAS BEEN DECTED" I just can't get it to work.
> Can anyone help please? Thank you.

I have the same problem ,did you get any help ?

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005

I get the same problem. I tried loading the two programs to restore the
drive in explorer mentioned in previous strings (XP_CD-DVD-Fix and cdgone) to
no avail. I merged the registry as directed and even ran the latest NEMO
pack to try and force the drive to be recognized. I have tried starting a
DVD in the drive, upgrading drivers for WinDVD and Real Player without any
luck. HELP! I have no CD/DVD drive that my computer can see. Anyone???
--
- JJ