CD/DVD drive doesn't read some discs

Rohit_73

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016
Hi,
Tomshardware

In my pc cd/dvd drive is not read some discs.
I have 2 dvd is 8.5gb(national)
One is working it means read the data and disc but another one is not working doesn't read the data and disc. Both dvds are same. 1 month ago both dvds work but after 1 month one dvd is not read.
I can't understand what is issue?
I am using my cd/dvd drive around 2 years.
So my drive is outdated or my dvd is outdated? It's mean like trash? And any windows problems?

System space:
Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.
(LG) cd/dvd drive.
GA H81M-S motherboard.
8Gb ddr3 ram.
Rx470 4gb gddr5 GPU.
500 watt psu.

Please HELP to fix this issue..

Solution

Correct.

If the DVD works in other computers, but not yours, then most likely something is faulty with your DVD drive.
If the DVD does not work in other computers, then the issue would be with the disc.

If you continue to have problems with discs not being read on your computer, the only thing I can think of would be to make sure all the cables on your DVD...

neatfeatguy

Respectable
May 24, 2016
It is very possible the DVD drive is starting to fail.

If you can, make sure any disc that your computer is having troubles reading can be read in another computer. This will let you know if the DVD/CD is working properly and being read.

Rohit_73

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016

Okay!! So what can i do now?
Can i run my dvd in another computer? It means is read the data or not in another computer..right?

neatfeatguy

Respectable
May 24, 2016

Correct.

If the DVD works in other computers, but not yours, then most likely something is faulty with your DVD drive.
If the DVD does not work in other computers, then the issue would be with the disc.

If you continue to have problems with discs not being read on your computer, the only thing I can think of would be to make sure all the cables on your DVD drive are in tight (power and data cable).

Solution

Rohit_73

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2016

Thank you so much for help
Thanks a lot.