G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I have read most of the postings on here and tried all the solutions
suggested but my drive still doesn't work properly.

If I insert a disc before starting my computer I can read it/use it.
If I insert an audio disc after starting I can play it
If I insert a programme disc after starting I cannot use it.
Nothing will autoplay.

Device manager says my drives are working normally, I have deleted the
filters, uninstalled the drives & downloaded various patches but still cannot
get the drive to work.
Any further ideas would be appreciated
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Petewatkin wrote:
>
> I have read most of the postings on here and tried all the solutions
> suggested but my drive still doesn't work properly.
>
> If I insert a disc before starting my computer I can read it/use it.
> If I insert an audio disc after starting I can play it
> If I insert a programme disc after starting I cannot use it.
> Nothing will autoplay.
>
> Device manager says my drives are working normally, I have deleted the
> filters, uninstalled the drives & downloaded various patches but still cannot
> get the drive to work.
> Any further ideas would be appreciated

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the drive?
--
Paul (I read bad poetry Into your machine)
------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Yes, but no help. Have now managed to get the audio/dvd side working but
still cannot read my backup discs. The backup seems to be working as the
light goes on and off on the drive when I try to backup. It also tells me in
drive/properties/volume that the backup is there but I cannot read it. Any
suggestions?

"Paul Heslop" wrote:

> Petewatkin wrote:
> >
> > I have read most of the postings on here and tried all the solutions
> > suggested but my drive still doesn't work properly.
> >
> > If I insert a disc before starting my computer I can read it/use it.
> > If I insert an audio disc after starting I can play it
> > If I insert a programme disc after starting I cannot use it.
> > Nothing will autoplay.
> >
> > Device manager says my drives are working normally, I have deleted the
> > filters, uninstalled the drives & downloaded various patches but still cannot
> > get the drive to work.
> > Any further ideas would be appreciated
>
> Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of the drive?
> --
> Paul (I read bad poetry Into your machine)
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Stop and Look
> http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
>
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Petewatkin wrote:
>
> Yes, but no help. Have now managed to get the audio/dvd side working but
> still cannot read my backup discs. The backup seems to be working as the
> light goes on and off on the drive when I try to backup. It also tells me in
> drive/properties/volume that the backup is there but I cannot read it. Any
> suggestions?
>
I wish, Pete. I have an Artec dvd/cdrw drive which stopped burning
almost immediately, doesn't even see blank discs. I'm so fed up of the
company who supplied the computer that I have given up and though I
have an idea that updating the firmware for the drive may help I'm so
cack handed I might do more damage than good.

--
Paul (If looks could kill, they probably will)
------------------------------------------------------
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/